Why A Task Force?
Since 2014, a robust group of cross-sector partners have been working on improving outcomes for formerly incarcerated people in Orleans Parish. The formation of a Task Force takes that work to the next level, providing:
- Sustainability and Accountability,
- Tying into Best Practices for the State of Louisiana, that
- Creates TRUE Collaboration, and a
- Unified Platform and Unified Voice
Represents New Orleans Locally and Statewide
The New Orleans Reentry Task Force serves as the Community Implementation Team for the Louisiana Prisoner Reentry Initiative and also is a subcommittee of the Sanford Krasnoff Criminal Justice Council.
Our focus is on community coordination through a steering team with planning, advocacy and development through workgroups.
Steering Team Membership
- Dr. Kim Rugon, Vice President of Mission Services, Goodwill Industries, Chair of Task Force
- Kiksha Constantine, Transition Specialist, City of New Orleans
- Dr. Raymond Delaney, Director, Louisiana Coalition for Offender Resources
- Thelma French, Executive Director, Total Community Action
- Steven Lassalle, District Administrator, Adult Probation and Parole
- Susan Lindsey, Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office
- James Logan, Reentry Services Program Manager, City of New Orleans
- Andreanecia Morris, HousingNOLA
- Renard Thomas, Board Member, Voice of the Experienced (V.O.T.E)
- Amanda Walker, Director of Clinical Services, Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Mark Walters, Adams Institute